Saturday 25 June 2016

Day 7 Viana to Logrono

Our final day's walking (sob, sob....) was from Viana to Logrono about 10,12 km.  We are spending tonight at the Hotel Sercotel Portales.



We left Viana at about 08:00.  It was a lovely cool morning and our walk was a short one, so we felt no need to rush.  The streets of Viana are beautiful.  I would actually have liked a little longer here, it's a sweet little town.




The path today was gentle uphills, but mostly downhills heading towards Logrono.  Easy walking.  But having said that, Paula and I are both struggling with our feet.  




We stopped after a few kilometers for a breakfast picnic in this cute little forest. Breakfast picnics have become our "thing",  We like the rhythm of getting going early and then stopping about 4 to 5kms into our walk for breakfast.



Today we cross from the "province" of Navarre into La Rioja, famous for it's wines.  We have seen lots of vines growing.


We stopped at the famous Felisa's stall which is now run by her daughter, offering a few items for sale, a sello and a welcome to Logrono.








The entrance to Logrono is really pretty.  

So our walk on the Camino is over.  It's a weird feeling, on the one hand, I'm so sad that it's come to an end, but on the other I'm really proud of us for walking every step of the 108kms on our often dodgy feet.  It's something I would never in a million years have believed I could do.  I really hope to be able to come back and walk another week on the Camino, I have absolutely loved it.  There have been some really tough times, but even on my bad day, I loved it.  Hard to explain, but true!

Once we had entered the city and made our way to our hotel, we dropped our bags off and then headed round the corner to a coffee shop for a celebratory cafe con leche and donut.



Pilgrims statues right outside our hotel.

Buen Camino!

Flowers that brightened our way today
.

No comments:

Post a Comment